RPF Announces Exam Date For Constable, SI Recruitment; Admit Card Soon


New Delhi: 

Railway Protection Force (RPF) has announced the exam date for recruitment of Constables and SIs in RPF and RPSF. The exam will be a Computer Based Test (CBT). The online application for these vacancies was invited in June 2018. CBT will be conducted group-wise simultaneously for Constable and SI for all 6 groups one by one. The detailed schedule fro RPF CBT exam will be released shortly on the official website. 

So far, RPF has announced that the CBT for recruitment of Constables and SIs will begin on December 19, 2018. RPF has also allotted individual roll number to the candidates who have applied for the exam. The roll numbers would be communicated to the candidates on their email ids by November 16, 2018. 

“The CBT exam date, test center, timing with detail instructions will be sent to individual candidates on their e-mail. As the CBT begins for Group E candidates from 19th December, therefore candidates will be able to download their e-call letter from 9th December onwards as per test schedule,” reads the official notification. 

RPF will release the detailed exam schedule after November 16, 2018. The CBt will be conducted group-wise for all 6 groups one-by-one in the following order:

Group E: NF Railway
Group F: RPSF
Group A: S Railway, SW Railway and SC Railway
Group B: C Railway, W Railway, WC Railway and SEC Railway
Group C: E Railway, EC Railway, SE Railway and ECo Railway
Group D: N Railway, NE Railway, NW Railway and NC Railway

Click here for more Jobs News





Source link

Apple Announces Free Repairs for Some Faulty iPhone X and 13-Inch MacBook Pro Units


Apple Inc. disclosed a pair of issues affecting two of its more popular products: the iPhone X and the 13-inch MacBook Pro.

The Cupertino, California-based technology giant said Friday the screen on some iPhone X units doesn’t respond or responds intermittently when touched. The company also said some units could have displays that react even when they aren’t touched. The iPhone X went on sale last November and was discontinued when the iPhone XS and iPhone XR models were introduced in September. Users have reported the touch screen issues online for several months.

Apple also said a “limited number” of 13-inch MacBook Pros have “an issue that may result in data loss and failure of the drive.” The laptops were sold from June 2017 to June 2018 with 128 gigabytes or 256 GB of storage and no Touch Bar, Apple said in a note to customers. The company recommends affected users have their laptops “serviced as soon as possible.”

In the case of the iPhone X, Apple is offering free screen replacements for the faulty devices, while it is offering free repairs for the MacBook Pros.

Apple hadn’t previously responded to reports of problems with iPhone X screens, but it had opened similar replacement programs in the past for older iPhone models with screen issues, including the iPhone 6.

© 2018 Bloomberg LP

Affiliate links may be automatically generated – see our ethics statement for details.



Source link

Jolla Announces Availability of Sailfish 3, Sailfish X Also Available as Free Trial


Jolla has announced the availability of Sailfish 3, the operating system that was announced at the Mobile World Congress (MWC 2018) earlier this year. The new version in the Sailfish family is majorly designed for corporate users, with a list of preloaded security features. It has offerings such as Mobile Device Management (MDM), fully integrated VPN solutions, enterprise Wi-Fi, and data encryption to deliver an enhanced security experience. Also, the latest software has new keyboard gestures, camera functions, and support for USB On-the-Go (USB OTG) storage. The Finnish company has also announced that its Sailfish X, the downloadable Sailfish OS, is now available in a free trial version for new Sony Xperia smartphones, including the Xperia XA2, Xperia XA2 Plus, and Xperia XA2 Ultra.

Considering the needs of government and corporate clients, Jolla has specifically offered security-focused features on Sailfish 3. There is also support for regional infrastructures to enable steady releases and OS upgrades, local hosting, training, and features to support specific user requirements.

Jolla has also tweaked the user experience through Sailfish 3 by offering a fresh interface as well as a new top menu, keyboard gestures, camera functions, data encryption improvements, and support for USB OTG. Further, the third-generation Sailfish is touted to improve responsiveness and performance resulting to 50 percent better overall performance over the previous version. The company claims that it has rewritten the way to launch apps and load views.

Sailfish 3 is rolling out in phases – with a key focus towards 4G feature phones. The company is initially rolling out Sailfish 3.0.0 release for all the existing Sailfish users. It will come along with camera improvements such as a new lock screen camera roll to let users review the photos without unlocking the device. Moreover, there are plans to bring Sailfish 3.0.1 in early December with further improvements and tweaks.

Alongside Sailfish 3, Jolla has brought Sailfish X support for the Sony Xperia XA2, Xperia XA2 Plus, and Xperia XA2 Ultra. Users can presently download the free trial of Sailfish X on any of the three Sony phones. The Sailfish X programme that is designed to bring Sailfish OS experience will be available commercially sometime in the coming weeks. The company said that users with the free trial would be able to purchase and install the Android app support and other commercial components.

“With Sailfish 3 we are better equipped than ever to help our governmental and corporate customers to custom build secure and comprehensive mobile solutions,” said Jolla CEO Sami Pienimäki. “Sailfish OS is currently being deployed as a platform for independent regional mobile solutions in Russia, Latin America, and China, and we are constantly looking to expand to new regions.”



Source link

BJP Announces its Fourth Candidate List for


भोपाल: आज जहां मध्यप्रदेश चुनाव (Madhya Pradesh Elections 2018) के लिए नामांकन भरने का आखिरी दिन है वहीं भारतीय जनता पार्टी (BJP) ने चुनाव को लेकर अपने उम्मीदवारों की चौथी सूची जारी कर दी है. चौथी सूची में कुल सात विधानसभा सीटों के लिए उम्मीदवारों की घोषणा की गई है. पार्टी ने पवई सीट से प्रहलाद लोधी को टिकट दिया है वहीं पन्ना और लखनादौन (एसटी) सीट से ब्रिजेंदर सिंह और विजय उकई को मैदान में उतारा गया है. इसी तरह सिवनी मालवा और भोपाल उत्तर से प्रेमशंकर वर्मा और फातिमा रसुल को चुनावी मैदान मे उतारा गया है. जबकि माहिपुर और गरोठ से पार्टी ने बहादुर सिंह चौहान देवीलाल धाकड़ पर दाव खेला है.

यह भी पढ़ें: मध्य प्रदेश विधानसभा चुनाव 2018: बीजेपी ने जारी की दूसरी लिस्ट, देखें 17 उम्मीदवारों के नाम

गौरतलब है कि इससे पहले भाजपा ने अपनी तीसरी सूची में कुल 32 उम्मीदवारों के नाम की घोषणा की थी. पूर्व मुख्यमंत्री बाबूलाल गौर की बहू कृष्णा गौर को पार्टी ने गोविंदपुरा सीट से उम्मीदवार बनाया है. बाबूलाल गौर इस सीट पर ख़ुद या बहू के टिकट के लिए अड़े हुए थे. इंदौर-3 सीट पर बीजेपी ने कैलाश विजयवर्गीय के बेटे आकाश विजयवर्गीय को उम्मीदवार बनाया है. इंदौर की मेयर मालिनी गौड़ पार्टी टिकट पर इंदौर-4 सीट से क़िस्मत आज़माएंगी. इससे पहले सोमवार को भारतीय जनता पार्टी (बीजेपी) ने 17 उम्मीदवारों की दूसरी सूची जारी की थी.

टिप्पणियां


यह भी पढ़ें: कर्नाटक विधानसभा चुनाव: दूसरी लिस्‍ट में नहीं आया नाम तो रो पड़े बीजेपी के पूर्व MLC

वहीं, इससे पहले मध्यप्रदेश विधानसभा के 28 नवम्बर को होने वाले चुनाव के लिये भाजपा ने शुक्रवार को अपने 177 उम्मीदवारों की सूची जारी कर दी थी. इस चुनाव में भाजपा ने वर्तमान सरकार के तीन मंत्रियों और करीब 30 से अधिक विधायकों को चुनावी रण में फिर से नहीं उतारने का फैसला किया है.



Source link

Lee Chong Wei Announces Comeback Bid, Says ‘Recovery On Track’


After undergoing successful treatment for nose cancer, badminton star Lee Chong Wei on Thursday announced that he is planning to return to the court soon. The 36-year-old, who was making his first public appearance since September said that his recovery has been on track and is looking to start the training sessions as early as next month. The former world no.1 insisted that he had no intention of retiring and mentioned that he is looking forward to competing at the All England Open scheduled to take in March 2019.

“I finished all my treatment… and have recovered very well,” a cheerful and a healthy-looking Lee said during a press conference in Kuala Lumpur.

“I want to come back to court,” he said, adding: “As of now, I am not retiring.”

Lee, who returned from treatment in Taiwan last month, said it was his “dream” to play in the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, which would be his fifth Summer Games.

“This is my dream. But health is most important,” he said, adding: “I just try my very best because I love my country… and I love badminton.”

Lee, who enjoys superstar status in Malaysia, was diagnosed with early-stage nose cancer, forcing him to pull out of the Asian Games and world championships.

On the advice of his doctors, he travelled to Taiwan for treatment during which he lost five kilos (11 pounds). He returned to Malaysia a month ago.

“This is a time that is very tough for me,” said Lee, who has slipped to eighth in the world rankings.

Nose cancer is perhaps the biggest blow suffered by Lee, who was banned after testing positive for a proscribed anti-inflammatory at the 2014 world championships.

Lee returned to the sport in 2015, after authorities accepted he took the drug inadvertently.

(With AFP inputs)





Source link

Congress Announces Fifth List Of Candidates For Madhya Pradesh Election


New Delhi: 

The Congress today released its fifth list of 16 candidates for the Madhya Pradesh assembly elections, taking the total number of declared candidates to 229. The announcement came a day after the Congress released its fourth list of 29 candidates for elections to the 230-member assembly.

The Congress announced its first list of 155 candidates on November 3 in which it renominated 46 legislators. A day after, it announced the second list of 16 candidates. On Monday night, the Congress announced a third list of 13 candidates.

With Thursday’s announcement, the name of just one Congress candidate for the Manpur seat is awaited.

In the current assembly, the Congress has 57 legislators.

The Congress has been out of power in Madhya Pradesh since 2003. The BJP government is seeking a fourth straight term.





Source link

CBI Announces Reward For Information About Premkant Shivji Jha’s Murder


Premkant Shivji Jha was shot dead by unidentified assailants at Virar in 2012 (Representational)

The CBI on Tuesday announced a Rs 5 lakh reward for information about the 2012 murder of a Right to Information (RTI) activist at Virar in neighbouring Palghar district, an official said.

A Special Task Force or STF of the Central Bureau of Investigation is probing the murder of activist Premkant Shivji Jha.

The STF issued an advertisement in Marathi newspapers Tuesday, announcing a cash reward for anyone providing detailed information about the culprits, the official said.

Identity of the informant will remain confidential, he added.

Mr Jha was shot dead by unidentified assailants at Virar on February 24, 2012 when he was riding a motorbike. The bullets pierced his helmet and entered the head.

Initially, a case of accidental death was registered at the Virar police station, but it was converted into a murder case when an autopsy report revealed the bullet injury.

The probe was transferred to the police’s anti-human trafficking cell first, but no headway was made in identifying the culprits.

In October 2014, the CBI took it over on the Bombay High Court’s order.

In 2016, the CBI arrested two construction professionals for allegedly hiring contract killers to eliminate Mr Jha as he had sought information about their illegal constructions, the official said.

Mr Jha was part of ‘Brashtachar Va Atyachar Virodhi Samiti’, an NGO, and had filed several RTI applications and complaints against illegal constructions in the Vasai-Virar area near Mumbai, the official said.

It was also alleged that Mr Jha extorted money or obtained other favours from builders engaged in illegal constructions, he said.





Source link

Huawei Announces EMUI 9.0 Global Rollout Begins on November 10, Based on Android Pie


Huawei has announced that the latest version of its custom Android ROM – EMUI 9.0 – will be rolled out to 9 models starting November 10. EMUI 9.0 is based on Android 9.0 Pie, and apart from the numerous new features that Google’s latest mobile operating system brings, Huawei’s iteration brings features like GPU Turbo 2.0, HiVision visual search, Password Vault, Digital Balance dashboard, and more. As with previous iterations of the operating system, EMUI 9.0 also comes with AI-based predictive features that learn user behaviour to improve system response speed, app launch time, and more.

To recall, EMUI 9.0 was first unveiled in September, and has been available in beta for several models since, starting with the Huawei Mate 10, Mate 10 Pro, P20, P20 Pro, Honor 10, and Honor Play. Since the beta, it has launched four smartphones running EMUI 9.0 – Huawei Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 X, and Huawei Mate 20 RS Porsche Design. The Honor Magic 2 also runs it, but only temporarily, until Magic UI 2.0 is rolled out to it.

Getting back to the news at hand, Huawei’s EMUI handle in a Weibo post late last week revealed that the EMUI 9.0 will be rolling out to the nine of its top-end smartphones on November 10. The smartphones that will be receiving the EMUI 9.0 update from that date are the Huawei P20, P20 Pro, Mate 10, Mate 10 Pro, Mate 10 Porsche Design, Mate RS Porsche Design, Honor 10, Honor View 10 (known as Honor V10 in China), and Honor Play. GSMArena cites Chinese sources to claim that the rollout will be global.

The Chinese telecommunications giant has previously also revealed that EMUI 9.0 will be launched in India with country-specific features. It added that EMUI-specific research is conducted in a localized fashion, with different research institutes in India, China, Europe, and North America.

Let’s take a look at some of the top features of EMUI 9.0: GPU Turbo 2.0 is designed to optimise intensive workloads and give an on-demand performance boost to the devices while reducing power consumption. There is also an Uninterrupted Gaming Mode to meet the needs of mobile gamers. Using onboard AI capabilities, EMUI 9.0 brings HiVision that enables the camera app to recognise major landmarks, paintings, and structures surrounding the environment and provide users with the relevant information using a layer of augmented reality.

EMUI 9.0 additionally includes a new Password Vault that helps users store their encrypted password with face or fingerprint for various services. Plus, there is a new Digital Balance dashboard that allows users to track device usage metrics and let them set the usage quota for each app. Other features include new navigation gestures, multiple backup options, one-handed controls, and improved Huawei Share features.



Source link

Congress Announces Second List Of 17 Candidates For Madhya Pradesh Polls


Jyotiradtiya Scindia and Kamal Nath are being seen as frontrunner for Chief Minister’s post.

Bhopal: 

Madhya Pradesh Congress on Sunday announced its second list of 17 candidates for elections to the 230-member state assembly, slated for November 28.

Since Saturday, the party has declared names of 172 candidates. Of the 17, four candidates are for reserved seats.

The names of Congress state unit chief Kamal Nath and poll campaign committee in-charge Jyotiradtiya Scindia are not on the list. They are being seen as frontrunners for the Chief Minister’s post if the party wins.

The first list of 155 names was released late Saturday night and it includes that of 21 women and 24 fresh faces. The party has struck a fine balance between supporters of Mr Scindia and former chief minister Digvijay Singh.

The party renominated 46 MLAs. Former chief minister Digvijay Singh’s son Jaivardhan, a sitting MLA, brother Lakshman Singh and nephew Priyavrat Singh have been given tickets.

Similarly, Scindia loyalists Hemant Katare and KK Singh have been nominated from Ater and Jaora seats respectively.

Congress is expected to announce the remaining candidates shortly, a party leader said.

The BJP stole a march on the Congress Friday by releasing its first list of 177 candidates for the assembly polls, fielding Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan from Budhni seat.





Source link

Virender Sehwag Parts Ways With Kings 11 Punjab, Announces News On Twitter


Virender Sehwag has ended his association with Indian Premier League (IPL) Kings XI Punjab, the former India opener announced on Saturday evening. Sehwag was appointed appointed by Kings XI Punjab as the mentor of the team before the start of the 2016. Sehwag spent two seasons with KXIP as a player following which he was with the team as a mentor for three years before ending his association on Saturday. Sehwag broke the news on Twitter, saying that “all good things must come to an end”.

“All good things must come to an end and I’ve had a wonderful time at Kings 11 Punjab, for 2 seasons as a player and 3 as a mentor. My association with Kings 11 comes to an end and I am thankful for the time I have had here and wish the team all the very best for the times ahead,” the former India opener tweeted.

Sehwag’s decision to quit Punjab comes at the back of as season where he reportedly got into a spat with co-owner Preity Zinta. 

According to reports in the Indian media, there was a fall-out between the two after Punjab’s loss to Rajasthan Royals.

However, the Bollywood star made a passionate defence and quashed the reports, saying that “a conversation between Viru & me has been blown out of proportion & suddenly I’m a Villian.”

Despite some impressive buys and brilliant start to the season under the captaincy of Ravichandran Ashwin, Punjab failed to keep the consistency in the second part of the 2018 season and finally finished in second-last place with six wins and eight losses in 14 matches.

Punjab had won their opening five matches out of six and it seemed that Punjab will finally break a string of poor performances over the years to qualify for the playoffs.

But an extraordinary fall from grace saw them losing seven off their next eight matches to finish just two points above bottom-placed Delhi Daredevils.

 





Source link